Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Friday, March 4, 2011

When the weather outside is frightful......

Stay inside and crush it on the treadmill. I have given up trying to figure out how the treadmill will allow me to run more than an hour continuously. Once I hit the 1 hour mark, I need to completely stopped the treadmill and let it reset so I can start again. It takes about 10-15 seconds for it to get back going again but its pretty annoying.

Anyways, tonight was a very good run. I ran 11.48 miles in 1:38:56. This was an excellent run with excellent time. I average a pace of 8:37 min/mile. The run felt great and I am glad I took another day off yesterday to really get my hamstring back up to par. I can tell my calves are straining a little bit, but I think that just means my shoes are wearing out. I have new ones coming on Monday so that should add some relief.

Then I got in a really good lift afterwards. Things felt good all over especially in all my core muscle groups, which is really important.

Tomorrow, I am getting up by about 7 for a 30-40 minute swim, then hitting spin class at 8:30 and finishing strong with a 5k run. This will be the first back-to-back-to-back brick I have done in quite a while. Even thought I had a pretty major workout tonight, I think it will be a good indication of where I stand right now. I personally feel as thought my swimming and running are way ahead of schedule but my biking is a little behind. Its hard to get in longer rides when I can't really ride outside.

Oh and in case anyone cares, I managed to run 15 times for a total of 83 miles last month.

No comments:

Post a Comment