Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Rock the Parkway Half Marathon

Went out hoping for 1:40 even though I knew this last weekend was really rough. 1:45 was a secondary goal. Little did I know how bad today would be. Miles 1-6 went as I was hoping for but then stomach cramps really started to kick in and I could tell I was still mildly dehydrated. The crazy humidity this morning didn't help me keep water in either. At mile 8, I had to stop and use the portapotty or else risk turning my running shorts into a diaper. As I got out of the portapotty, I saw the 1:45 pacers running by and I knew things were not going to end well. I couldn't keep up with them and at that point my sole goal became to finish without walking.

I ended up running the half in 1:47:36 officially. That is still 1 minute and 30 seconds faster than my previous PR. If you don't include my bathroom stop then it was 1:46:35. I am fairly disappointed with today's efforts but I hope to make it up next weekend at the Kansas Half Marathon in Lawrence.

I came home, reenergized and hit the pool. I ended up swimming 1000 yards. That went pretty well all things considered.

No comments:

Post a Comment