Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Run/Swim

I didn't swim this morning because I was a little tired when I woke up so I opted to swim tonight and sleep in an extra hour. It was totally worth it. I ended up running on the treadmill at the gym so I could control my pace better. I ran almost as slow as I could while still feeling like I was running just so my legs wouldn't complain too much. I ended up with a 50 minute running covering just over 5 miles. Then I changed into my swim suit and started swimming. I swam 1250 yards instead of the 1750 yard the training plan wanted today. I didn't do the kick intervals 1. because I don't care for them and 2. I just finished running so no thanks. I swam all 5 of my 100 yard intervals in sub 1:40 times though, so that was good to see again for the first time since being sick. Then I came home, ate some food and pretty much fell asleep until now. I was pretty tired and still am so I should be going to sleep for real soon :) Tomorrow is supposed to be a 20 mile ride. I haven't decided if I want to do it/have the time to. I am thinking tomorrow would be a good day off before my 60 mile ride on Saturday and Half Marathon on Sunday. I also need to go pick up my race packet after work so that doesn't leave me with a ton of time to get in an hour long ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment