Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

AM Swim / PM Quality Run

This morning was my long swim of the week. I swam 2500 yards with the main set being 10x100yards with 15 seconds between each set. I swam each set between 1:38 and 1:42. I didn't feel as good as yesterday but that could be some fatigue from the 1300 yard warmup. Regardless, I was really happy with the times I was able to put up for the main set.

Tonight was my second quality run workout. I added another interval to my run tonight so I ran 4 intervals of 1/2 mile with 1/4 mile recoveries. I ran 6.16 miles total and each of my half mile intervals were between 6:23 and 6:36 per mile. All of my intervals were faster than last week and I even got in an extra one. Overall, this was a sweet workout as I don't know that I have ever really run that fast for a half mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment