Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Quality Bike Ride

Tonight was my first quality bike ride. I rode around Longview Lake, thinking that would be a good place to do it but now I think that bike intervals might be better at the airport or on the trainer. It's really difficult to get the terrain right for intervals. I had a couple stop lights and some downhills that messed up my "fast" intervals.

In any event, I got in almost 30 miles. The first 10 miles was a nice and easy warmup. I followed that up with 6 intervals. Each interval consisted of 3 minutes attempting to get my hr in the upper 150s or even 160 if I could(didn't happen tonight though) and then 2 minutes of recovery. Then I did a 10 mile cooldown afterwards. This was the first time I have ever done intervals on the bike and I think it could have gone better.

No comments:

Post a Comment