Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Kansas City Corporate Challenge Bike Race

Today, I raced in my first ever time trial. I got there about 1.5 hours early and slowly started getting ready. I rode on my trainer for 15 minutes. I followed that up with some extra stretching and riding around the parking lot.

The race started with me on the bike and getting a slight push start. The first mile was very fast and then we hit a little headwind and the only hill on the course. It was tiny but when you are pushing at maximum effort, it feels so much bigger. I cruised past that hill and around the course picking my speed back up. I could definitely feeling my quads yelling at me but I just kept pushing through. I started mile 3 in the same spot that the course started and knew all I had ahead of me was a slight downhill and that uphill. I hammered it hard and finished the race in about 7:36. I am not sure as to when I started and stopped my watch, so that time will be a little off the official time but it should be fairly close.

I passed 6 or 7 people along the way and no one caught me at all, so I think my time will be one of the better times out there. We won't get our official results and placing until Wednesday night or Thursday morning though.

This was easily one of the hardest things I have ever done but it was also one of the most fun. I wish I had worn my heart rate monitor so I could have seen where that was at. From a cardiovascular perspective, the only thing I can compare this to would be wrestling for 6 minutes in High School. From a muscle fatigue standpoint, I don't know that I have ever experience anything like this before.

No comments:

Post a Comment