Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Running with the Cows Half Marathon

I ran the Running with the Cows Half Marathon. My time was 1:41:34 which was a new PR. I was running running ahead of the 1:40 pack until mile 10 when they caught me. I knew they were coming since I made the turn at mile 6.5 so it was really only a matter of how longer until they caught me. My splits today were great, other than mile 13 for some reason. I am not really sure what happened there. The only thing I can think of is that I checked out mentally since I was still 1 minute behind 1:40 but I don't remember feeling like I really slowed down ever and my legs felt good.

I went over to the gym this afternoon and went swimming to finish up the day. I swam 1000 yards at 1:45 min/100 yards. When I was on my last lap, I remember thinking to myself that I would be happy if I finished in under 20 minutes so to finish in 17:35 was awesome. I am hoping I can maintain that pace for my triathlon swims because that is a great speed for me compared to last winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment