Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Friday, May 4, 2012

Yesterday's Run/Swim

Due to rain in the forecast, I got up early and ran outside and moved my swim to the evening. I ran 5 miles in just over 40 minutes. It was fairly humid out even that early.

Last night I got in my first quality swim. It covered almost 2500 yards. I cut it short on accident though because I thought I was misremembering the training plan. In any event, I got in a lot of hypoxic breathing during it and put up some of my best swim times I have ever had. I swam a couple 100's at less than 1:33 which I have never done before and I also swam several 50s in 40-44 seconds. I will have the training plan right next week. It sure does take a while because of the long rest between sets but you feel so much better during the max effort intervals.

No comments:

Post a Comment