Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Not a good day to ride

The weather was great outside but nothing else was really in my favor today. I got on the bike and could tell that I ran hard yesterday but that wasn't going to stop me. After 2-3 miles, I realized that my cadence sensor wasn't working and my speed/distance were jacked up. I had forgotten that when I swapped my training tire back off, I needed to readjust the cadence sensor so it wasn't always picking up the magnet. I just turned off the sensor and kept riding.

After about 5 miles or so, my back tire started to freak out and I realized that it had gone flat. When I pulled off the tire and looked at the tube, what appeared to be a small metal pin had punctured my tire and tube. I didn't feel like risking the possibility of geting stranded 20 miles out without another tube so I decided to head home. I wouldn't have cared if I was with a group or I was going a shorter distance but 50 miles with no spare tube scares me...

In any event, I only rode 10 miles today, but I got in quite a bit of stretching as I am getting ready for KC Tri this upcoming weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment