Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Sunday, February 12, 2012

Easy Run / Hard Swim

This morning, I got in an a 4 mile run with Shari. She managed to get a new PR by about 1:05 in 4 miles. The course was pretty flat but it was really cold. We had a good time and this was a good way to start off the week for both of us. I was especially proud of her for finishing strong. Her first and fourth mile splits were almost the same.

Later, I got in a hard swim. After reviewing the information from the Panama 70.3 today and seeing how Lance Armstrong did, I started comparing those numbers to mine and realized just how crappy a swimmer I am. I skipped a couple sections in the triathlon training bible I have been reading to find info about being a better swimmer. I found a a drill for balance (one of my biggest flaws) and dedicated today's swim to that. I ended up doing 1800 yards of freestyle. Plus a few more laps of just kicking. My new goal is to work a lot on balance until I have that resolve and then I can move on to other drills and get faster from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment