Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Saturday, February 11, 2012

No Saturday Morning Cartoons For Me...

However, there was a cool episode of Mythbusters on while I rode on the trainer. I started off today's ride/run brick with a 60 minute trainer ride. I averaged 16.3 mph with an average cadence of 100. Legs still felt fresh even after last night's 27 mile excursion.

After I finished that up, I went upstairs and changed into running clothes (I chose not to run in the 20 degree whether today) and drove to the gym. On the way, I ate a banana and a packet of peanut butter. I got to the gym and started running about 30 minutes after I finished riding. I ended up running 3.5 miles at an average pace around 8 min/mile. I was a little wary at first so my speed was lower, but I kept bumping it up so I could test my leg endurance even after the ride. Everything felt great and I could have run harder and longer without a problem. I didn't want to go past my weekly mileage goal though, so I stopped at 3.5 miles.

Last night and today were great mental days, as I felt like my biking might have been a little behind and I wasn't sure how my legs would fair on the treadmill after the ride. Needless to say, I don't feel like I am behind on anything now (well maybe swimming but thats because I am slow as dirt).

No comments:

Post a Comment