Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Swim/Run

Went to the gym after work for a swim/run brick.

I swam 1800 yards total. I started off with a 1600 yard swim at 1:52min/100 yard pace and then took a 1 minute break before finishing with a light 200 yard swim.

Then I showered off the chlorine and jumped on the treadmill. I ran 4 miles starting at 6 mph for the first half mile. Then I realized that my heart rate wasn't high enough for aerobic fitness, so I kicked it up to 6.5 mph and got my heart rate to a consistent 149 for the rest of the run. It looks like 6.5 mph is my new aerobic base speed :)

On a side note, I am taking the remainder of the week off from stronglifts and starting a new lifting regimen next week. I don't have it set in stone yet, but it will be 2 sets of 15 and include squats, deadlifts, and some other lifts I haven't decided on yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment