Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Thursday/Friday Workouts

I missed posting my workout from Thursday so its getting lumped into today's post.

Thursday
In any event, I started off at the gym before work with StrongLifts. I did squats @ 175 lbs, overhead press @ 105 lbs and deadlifts @ 210 lbs. Then I swamped it my swimsuit to get in a slower than average 1000 yard swim. I was basically just trying to get a decent swim in before work.

Later in the day, I went to the gym at work to do some pullups. This was supposed to be the first day to do 3 sets of 6. Needless to say, I cranked those out easy and went in for a fourth set. I got to 5 and I was done. So I worked the rest of the way down the ladder doing 4 more sets at 4, 3, 2, 1 for a total of 33 pullups.

That night at Shari's apartment, we both did our 100 pushup challenge reps. My goal for the day was to do as many pushups as I could to see what I had progressed to. I managed to do 34. That is up from the 24 that I did in the initial test 2 weeks ago.

Friday
This morning, I went to the gym with Shari up north near her apartment. I got in a quick 2 mile run. I wanted to do 3-4 but the treadmill was acting up and kept shutting down randomly, so I decided I would finish up my weekly mileage tomorrow morning.

Tonight, I got home and hopped on the trainer. I rode hard while watching Cowboys and Aliens. I got in 90 minutes with an average speed of 16.1 and an average cadence of 100. Heart rate still never broke 160, sorry Kevin :(

No comments:

Post a Comment