Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

50 mile ride

Today was awesome. I needed a 45+ mile ride and I got that in easily. I started out a little slow to get everything warmed up for the first 10-15 miles or so. I rode out to long view lake and did 1 loop. Then I started the second loop and really started to pick up speed and felt really good. When I finished that loop, I had about 30 or so miles down. I knew I could ride towards home and head north to finish up the route with some of my favorite riding territory around here.

In all today was a new record distance for me and I did it solo. I kept an average speed of 19.2 mph and that includes a lot of stopping at lights through town and then going again. I have my watch set to autopause when I stop completely, but that doesn't always provide an exact stopping point.

In all I got in 50.5 miles and I am looking forward to my 11-12 mile run tomorrow morning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment