Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Swim/Pullups/Ride

After 3 days of no official cardio or strength work, I jumped back in today with a swim, some pullups and a trainer ride. I was thinking I would run today, but my foot felt the best it has in a while and I thought 1 extra day off might be good for it. This is a recovery week as well, so if I have to put less stress on it this week, that is okay.

In any event, I swam 1000 yards this morning. I did 300 yards warm up with 250 yard stroke work and 50 yards of kicking. Then I followed that up with 5x100 yard intervals with 15 seconds of rest between sets. I finished with a nice and easy 200.

My pullups for the day were supposed to be a max set. I think swimming in the morning will always result in me being able to do less pushups/pullups than I could have with no swimming. I was hoping to do 12 but only managed to do 9. I did 4 or 5 more sets to get to 30 total for the day.

The weather was nice out tonight but I didn't have my bike with me so no group ride. It still is a little dark around 6:30 and I don't feel comfortable riding solo then so I stuck with the trainer. I rode 20 miles tonight at 16 mph and a cadence of 95. I am really looking forward to daylight savings time in a couple weeks so I can get outside and ride more on my own when I can't do group rides.

No comments:

Post a Comment