Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Pullups/Ride/Swim

Today start off somewhat bad. I went to bed way to late last night and couldn't force myself out of bed to get to the gym to swim. Then pullups came around at 10. I knew that our set was going to be crazy today as I had been dreading it for a while. The set was 8, 7, 8, 7, 8. Needless to say, there was a big failure in the amount of pullups I could do. I managed to do 8, 6, 5, 6, 4, 4. This was by far the hardest set we have ever done and because we did so poorly, we go back to our last set, do that when and then try this one again. We could be stuck here a while.....

After work went a lot better though. I rode 25 miles out at Longview Lake. I wish I could have ridden Martin City's group ride, but I think group rides will be few and far between for the time being as I need to get distance in and their routes typically only go 20 miles max. This ride went really well though. I average 19.5 mph through some decent hills and light wind. I had to deal with some light back pain in my lower back though. I think that is just soreness from deadlifts yesterday though. As soon as I stopped at a stop light and stretched, it felt a lot better.

I took about 2 hours break to get groceries and come home before heading back out to go to the pool. I swam 1250 yards total. 200 stroke work, 50 kick, and 50 more stroke work as a warmup. I finally got my pull paddles and I can see a lot clearer what my hands/arms should be doing. Then I swam 16x50 yards with 10 seconds rest between. Each lap was right around 50 seconds or 1:40/100yard pace. Then I did a light 150 yard swim to finish up.

No comments:

Post a Comment