Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Rock the Parkway Groupie Run

This morning, I did my first ever group run that wasn't a race. The group in charge of Rock the Parkway Half Marathon but on an aided run. The coursed allowed for going outs 8 miles and coming back with gatorade and water every 2 miles. I ran out 6 and came back though. Along the way I met 2 other guys that biked 52 miles yesterday and are training for Ironman Kansas. They had a lot more in the tank at the end of the run than I did though :(

I was shooting for about an 8:30 min/mile pace but I ended up a little faster at 8:22. Iran just shy of 12 miles. My legs were feeling great when I woke up this morning but they were definitely feeling gassed at mile 6. I pushed through though to the end. I missed the negative split today by 4 seconds but I can live with that :)

I am really happy with how this week went. I am coming off of sickness at the end of last week and missing both my long ride and long run last weekend. I also had to convert my 2 weekday rides into indoor trainer rides on Monday and Wednesday because it was raining outside. Overall, I got in 103.02 miles in 9:10:42. This is my second 100+ mile week this month as well as my second one ever.

Next week is recovery week and I am looking forward to that. I start off with a nice easy swim tomorrow morning and a nice 20 mile ride tomorrow night. I might even hit up the Martin City Group ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment