Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Pullups and 20 mile ride

I did pullups this morning at work. My 5 sets today were 4, 5, 6, 6, 7. Felt a little hard at the end today and Monday is going to be crazy. The sets on Monday are 8,7,8,7,8.

Today, I was making up for the ride I missed on Wednesday. I was supposed to ride 25 miles but I only rode 20. It was getting a little dark and I didn't want to stay out too much longer and risk getting hit. This ride went really well though. I compared it with another ride I did back on July 31, 2011. I averaged almost 3 mph faster on this ride over almost the exact same course. I definitely feel stronger riding these hills.

Tomorrow is going to be really fun. I am running a 4 mile race with Shari in the morning and then I am going to ride 40 miles on at the downtown airport. The loop is about 3.6 miles and is extremely flat. It will take me about 11 laps to complete the mileage but it should be really fun to just ride a flat course that I can average 20+ mph for 2 hours. I don't plan on doing this very often but it will be a nice outdoor aerobic ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment