Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Light Day

I felt sick last night after my bike ride. Running nose and congestion are hell on cardio workouts. I was supposed to run before work this morning, but I woke up and decided that wasn't going to happen. I wasn't really sure I was going to do anything today, but I had free swim lesson from another Cerner associate at the pool at the north campus at 5:30, so I really wanted to go to that.

I tried to do my 5 sets of pullups today, but I could tell I was feeling a little weak today, so I only did 4 sets and I will redo that set this weekend. I ended up doing 36, 40, 30, 24 and opted out of an additional set of 40.

After work, I drove up north to the gym and got there just in time for the lesson. It was very valuable and taught by another Cerner associate that has taught high school and college swim teams. I put some of the things he taught me to work after the fact with a 1300 yard swim. I did a 300 yard warm up concentrating on what I was told in the lesson. Then I did 100 yards of kick and another 100 yards with paddles. I finished with an 800 yard straight swim. The overall pace was a little slower today(about 1:48/100 yards) but felt a lot more comfortable and more efficient. I didn't get to do my 200 yard cooldown because the pool at that gym closes at 7 and they came and kicked me out.

No comments:

Post a Comment