Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Rough Weekend

Friday was a rest day so I was hoping to use that for some illness recovery.

Saturday, I was hoping to run, but at that point a sore throat a snuck into my list of symptoms so that pretty much ruled out cardio.

Sunday, I tried to run. I dumped a bunch of chloraseptic spray down my throat in hopes that that would help. I got about .75 miles in, when I couldn't go any further and I walked home :(

Yesterday, I finally was feeling better and my sore throat is nearly gone. I swam 1250 yards in the morning. It was a good swim and I concentrated a lot on good form. My speed was lower but I felt better swimming overall.

I was supposed to ride 25 miles last night but there was a monsoon outside. I really had no desire to ride my trainer whatsoever after riding outside so much lately. In any event, I rode 10 miles with an average speed of 16.8 and 100 cadence. This ride felt more difficult and my heart rate reflected that. I guess on rainy days, these kinds of workouts will be good replacements on the trainer.

No comments:

Post a Comment