Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Swim/Run

I missed my workouts yesterday due to some crazy stuff at work but I just moved them to today because this was supposed to be my rest day. Thats an easy way to flip flop workouts :)

I started with a 1500 yard swim. Main set was 4x200 intervals averaging around 1:40-1:42 min/100 yards. Good pace with better technique. I can definitely feel it getting easier, more efficient and faster. I also did warmup work with my pull paddles and that helps as well.

Then I showered off the chlorine, put on my running clothes and drove home. I ate an apple and a banana and planned a 5 mile route that I would attempt to average a 9 min/mile for so I could run for a nice aerobic 45 minutes. I ended up running 5.18 miles in just over 45 minutes. It was hard to slow pace down outside. I am so used to letting the treadmill control my aerobic runs but being outside is so much more fun.

Tomorrow, I will be on my bike for a little over 2 hours while I ride for 45 miles. I am still trying to figure out when I am going to fit it into the schedule whether it will be around 10 am or just after 3PM. Those are the best spots for it to fit in, so I'll need to figure that out before heading to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment