Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Monday, March 26, 2012

Best Recovery Day Ever

Today was the best start to a recovery week ever.

I started off with a swim unlike any other swim I have ever had before. I swam 1000 yards total. My first 300 yards were a variation of pull's and kick training. I then moved into my 10 x 50 yard interval set. All of my intervals were between 1:25 and 1:35 min/100 yards. As of two months ago, I was swimming 1:50-1:55 and as of the last couple weeks I have been swimming 1:40-1:50 so this was a significant speed improvement. I have to attribute a lot of this to the swim class I went to and the pull paddles and bouy.

After work, I went over to Longview Lake for 2 loops. I had considered riding the Martin City Group ride but I needed to get back home ASAP to get some work done tonight before bed and I know if I went to the group ride, I wouldn't get home until 9 or 9:30. In any event, my ride was better than my swim this morning. I rode 20.21 miles at an average speed of 20.6 mph. I did 2 loops around the lake and felt really good the entire time. This is my highest average speed ever and my first time averaging over 20 mph outside.

I am hoping the rest of my recovery week yields some great results as well as my distances are all shorter but the intensity should remain about the same as any other week if not more.

No comments:

Post a Comment