Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Pushups/Swim/Run/Softball

Today involved a lot of activities.

I skipped the morning swim so I could get in a little more sleep instead. I did pushups at work. My sets today were 21, 25, 21, 21, 32+. Again, no + on the pushups and I barely managed to do the full 32 at the end, but I did it without dropping to my knees and with only a few plank breaks after 15 or 20 pushups.

After work, I went to the gym to get in my swim and run for the day. The swim was a 1500 yard interval swim. I started with 300 yards of stroke work, 100 yards of kicking and another 100 yards of stroke work. Then I did 4x200 yard intervals with 20 seconds of rest between. I took some extra time between a couple sets because I needed them. Then I did a 200 yard cooldown. I felt like I was swimming more efficiently and faster and my watch times agreed. My 100 yard splits on the intervals were right around 1:40 which is about 10 seconds faster than normal. I am interested to see if that had to do with pool length though because I swam in a different pool tonight. I guess I will find out on Thursday, when I head back to my normal pool.

I transitioned to the treadmill in about 15 minutes, taking some time to dry off and change into running clothes. This wasn't supposed to be a brick workout but since I didn't swim in the morning, I had to get it in tonight. I had no problem taking a little time between workouts because of that. My run tonight was a relaxed 45 minute run. I covered 4.83 miles at an average pace of 9:20. I don't think I will ever get to the point where I enjoy running right after being in the pool. The chlorine sucks and makes me sweat about 10x more than normal.

After that I had about 45 minutes to get ready to head to softball. We played 2 games over about 1 and a half hours. As usual, we lost but we had fun and I got a little more activity in for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment