Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Swim/Pushups/Run

I woke up again for a swim this morning. It was another 1000 yard swim. It was a similar workout to yesterday. 200 yard stroke work, 50 yard kick and another 50 yard stroke work for warmup. I followed that up with 10x50 sets with 10 seconds rest between and then a 200 yard cooldown.

At work, I did pushups for the 100 pushup challenge today. Todays 5 sets were 22, 30, 20, 20, 28+. I managed do 33 on the last set for a total of 125 pushups today. I followed that up with 20 decline pushups just for a little extra kick.

The weather outside was 70 when I left work and in the 60s by the time I got out and started running. I ran 5 miles in 40:22. Today's goal was to run at an 8:30 pace for about 40 min. Shortly after I started running, I realized it is tremendously hard to run at an 8:30 pace now. I feel like I am almost walking at that pace and couldn't maintain a pace that slow. I remember a year ago when running at an 8:30 pace was hard for me. I was working on keeping shorter strides with a higher turnover and that went well.

My right foot felt awesome when I woke up and very little pain while running today. I am glad to use this recovery week as an easy week to help it recover more. I will managed to get all my swimming and biking in this week, but I am going to skip 1 run because it doesn't fit in to the schedule well, due to vacation, and I want to give my foot a little more recovery time.

No comments:

Post a Comment