Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Wednesday Pullups - Swim/Pushups/Run Today

On Wednesday, I was feeling some exhaustion and pain from Tuesday so I decided against the bike ride that the training plan called for and pushed that until Friday. I did do pullups though. The 5 sets called for 8, 6, 5, 4, 7+. No + once again on pullups as they are getting really difficult.

Today, I got in a 1250 yard swim. I started with a 200 yard stroke work warmup, 50 yards of kicking and another 50 yards of stroke work. Then I did an 8x100 interval set with 15 seconds rest between sets. I finished with a 150 yard cooldown. Again my intervals ranged between 1:39 and 1:45 today. I guess that means I am just swimming faster now and I am okay with that. I finally bought some pull paddles though so I am hoping my technique will improve even more.

My 5 sets of pushups today were 29, 33, 29, 29, 40+. My 40+ today ended up being 49 for a total of 169 pullups. I have a test day coming up this weekend, so I will probably do those on Sunday.

I finished my workouts today on the treadmill with a 40 minute aerobic run. I am still trying to get my cadence up to 85+ and today I finally got myself to 83. I covered about 4.3 miles. I am really looking forward to quality days coming up in about a month where I will be able to start getting some faster run days in.

No comments:

Post a Comment