Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Sunday, March 4, 2012

Weekend Workouts

On Saturday morning, I woke up and decided to run on the treadmill instead of outside. It was in the 30s but more importantly, I wanted to make sure my 50 minutes of running was at a slower pace unlike Thursday's run. I ended up running 5.29 miles in that 50 minutes. Everything went smoothly and I am looking forward to getting in some longer runs next week as I come off these recovery week runs.

I also did pushups on Saturday night. My dad and I both did our sets at my cousin's Lacrosse match in Columbia. My sets for yesterday were 21, 25, 21, 21, 32+. The last set was the first time I failed to complete a full set yet. I only managed to do 28 before my arms gave out. I got back up after a few seconds and did the last 4. After a few minutes, I found a place to do 20 decline pushups and then I was done.

After driving back from Mizzou this morning, I swapped my trainer tire off my bike for my road tire and got ready to ride outside. I planned a route that was about 31 miles. I failed to realize how windy it was until I got out there though. It seemed like whenever I faced North, South or West the wind would just blow right back in my face unrelenting. I averaged about 16.5 mph for the first half of the ride as I rode West and almost 20+ mph riding back east. The 31.13 mile ride consisted of almost 2300 feet of climbing as I tried to hit most of the big hills I know about in Lee's Summit. I still finished the ride in 1:43 for an average just over 18 mph. I hope Lawrence doesn't have much wind in June, cause I want to go fast then.

No comments:

Post a Comment