Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Saturday, January 7, 2012

6 mile run, Lift and Swim

I started off the morning on the treadmill. I wanted to get outside but I mixed up the Rock The Parkway group run for today, when it was actually tomorrow morning. So instead I went to 24 hour fitness and started with a 6 mile run. I warmed up with a 2 mile run at 6.3 mph, then cruised for 3 miles at 8 mph, and finished with a cooldown mile at 6.3 mph. It was a pretty good and very comfortable run overall.

Then I proceeded to do my stronglifts for the day. I did squats at 110lbs, bench press at 80lbs and barbell rows at 100lbs.

Then I went over to the Roeland Park aquatic center and swam with the masters swim group. I learned a lot about how to train more correctly. They were things I already knew and have been doing for my running already. I basically need to break up my swims better with intervals and other technical training.

No comments:

Post a Comment