Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

AM Lift/PM Bike

I woke up this morning and got to the gym to lift. I finally got to put 45 lb plates on my squats, so that was pretty sweet. I did squats at 135lbs, overhead press at 85 lbs and deadlift at 170 lbs. The lifts are still easy but I feel like I am going to max out on overhead press a lot sooner than the rest.

Around lunch time, I went to the gym at work to do my pullups for the day. I was supposed to do 4x4 today, but only managed to do 3x4, 1x3, 1x2. My final set I was able to get 3 done before I stalled completely. Then I did an extra set of 2 just to get them in. I am hoping on Thursday, I will be able to do the 4x4 easy and get ready to move to 3x5 next week. The pursuit to do 10 pullups at once is a long road, but considering I could barely do 12x1 about 4 weeks ago, this is a huge improvement.

I finished off the workouts for the day by riding on the trainer for 60 minutes. It was a really nice and easy ride while watching the first half of the Purdue basketball game. I ended with 15.4 miles and an average cadence of 100, great aerobic ride for me.

I felt a little exhausted earlier in the day, but after lunch I was feeling better. When I got home, I had 2 peanut butter packets and a powergel (for the electrolytes) and now I am feeling a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment