Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

1300 yard swim and lifting

After yesterday's rest day, I ended today with arms that don't work quite as well as they did this morning and here is why.

I started off with pullups before lunch. I managed to do 4 sets with 5, 5, 5 and 4 reps. Later in the afternoon, I did another 6 sets, with 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 reps.

I went to gym after work for some Stronglifts, Pushups and Swimming. I started with squats @ 170 lbs, barbell rows @ 130 lbs and bench press @ 110 lbs. Then I moved on to pushups. I did 5 sets with 16, 18, 13, 13 and 20 reps for a total of 80.

Then I started swimming. I ended up with a 1300 yard swim. I did 3 sets of 400 yards with 60 second breaks between and then finished with a 100 yard cooldown. I can see that my 2nd and 3rd sets got slower and I definitely felt slower. Hitting arms hard and then swimming was definitely noticeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment