Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Run/Swim

Today, I got the opportunity to try out my new Garmin 910XT.

I didn't want to run today, but I wanted to see how it felt in comparison to the 305 on my wrist. Needless to say, it is much more comfortable and the strap works a lot better. I did a very light 1.25 mile on the treadmill.

Then I put it through the big test for the day. I hopped in the pool and started my swim. I swam 2000 yards. I don't know how to use the intervals and rest periods on the watch yet, but I need to figure out how to do that. I had to start and stop the watch when I took my rest breaks. I ended up with a 200 yard warmup, 600 yard straight swim, 200 yard pull, 600 straight swim, 200 yard pull and 200 yard cooldown. I took 60 second breaks between each 200 yard set.

No comments:

Post a Comment