Training Calendar

My training week starts on Monday and runs through Sunday.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Lift and Trainer Ride

I got up this morning and my calves were feeling a little sore. Probably remnants of the massage from yesterday. I was intending on today being light day. I avoided the desire to go on the 50 mile GTG group ride which was good. However, I looked at my bike in the living room all day and couldn't resist riding one way or another.

I started off with my Stronglifts in the morning: 130 lbs squats, 90 lbs bench press and 110 lbs barbell rows. Then I came home and had lunch and took a 3-4 hour nap.

Eventually, I broke done and decided to ride while watching Rise of the Planet of the Apes. I ended up riding 22 miles on the trainer. I tried to keep my cadence close to 90 and my speed close to 16 mph. I ended at 92 cadence and 16 mph. It felt pretty good overall but looking at my speed during the last 3-4 miles, it looks like my legs might have been tiring slightly.

Pretty good workout today though, considering I originally thought about not doing much at all. This week should be another good week, with 2-3 Swim/Run bricks. I am hoping to get another 80 total miles this week between swimming, biking and running. I did 80.16 last week. My main goal for the week will be to run 13 miles total, increasing my mileage from last week by just under 10%.

No comments:

Post a Comment